This is a super quick and easy little treat to make and again child friendly; they’d love to get their hands in there!
You can modify these in so many ways to be more healthy or more of a treat; whatever strikes your mood that day. Any of the ingredients can be left out or replaced; just be sure to keep in mind the end result of the texture. IE if you leave out the hemp seeds then drop the Peanut Butter or Honey measurement just a tad.
This is the non gluten free recipe but for those that are looking for gluten free as you know they are easily modified and that what I do as well.
- 1 cup oatmeal (uncooked)
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 honey
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or shaved chocolate
- 2/3 unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- Put all the dry ingredients into the bowl and mix them up well. Ad wet ingredients and continue to stir thoroughly.
- Place the mixture into the fridge to chill and settle for about half hour.
- Here’s where you can get your little ones involved. Remove from fridge and roll into balls of any size. You could have fun with it and make shapes if they want.
- Store in an airtight container and keep in fridge. (Stays good for about a week; if they last that long! 🙂
My batch made about 24 bites that were 1″ to 1 1/2 ” in diameter.
Excuse the blurry photos; I should’ve checked them first.
Modified recipe; Origination of posting unknown