This was my first go at making these muffins and this is definitely one of those where you don’t judge a book by it’s cover. These taste sooooo much better then they look in the pictures. Unbelievably by far the most moist gluten free recipe I have made so far.
I’ll enclose a link at the bottom to the original recipe of which I modified. I didn’t have all the ingredients and thought I would wing it and hope for the best. Trust me when I sya if you try this you will not be disappointed!
Yields 15 muffins
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (approximately 2 medium bananas)
- 1 cup sliced blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease your muffin tin. Set aside. Because I hadn’t done this before and my muffin “tin” is the silicone one I used the paper liners as you will see in the pictures; however I would suggest you not do that.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sorghum flour, all purpose flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, sour cream, vanilla extract and mashed bananas. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir just to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips. ( I whipped the eggs in the Magic Bullet and then in a separate container I blended all the other wet ingredients and when finished mixed them together.)
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let stand in baking pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack. Cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.
I only have the one muffin tin and the recipes yields 15 muffins; I did a make shift mini loaf pan out of foil and put the remainder in there. As mentioned above the muffins are 20ish minutes in the oven; the loaf was abut 35 minutes. They came out darker then anticipated but perfect on the inside.
When you give them a try I’d love to know what you think!
Thank you to Jeanine @ The Baking Beauties; you were right the recipe was very forgiving!