Let food be thy medicine, thy medicine shall be thy food.- Hippocrates
I have these pretty much daily and not only are they satisfying bu they are incredibly healthy!
They are a little tricky to transport but I just put them in a container as opposed to Ziploc and I’m good to go.
I often have these just before or after a work out and with hummus when possible to get the good balance of carbs and proteins, They are super easy to make which is great when we all value the little bit of time we do have to spare on cooking and prep work. Great snack for you and the kids and they can get in their and mix it up for you!
Prep Time: 5- 10 mins
Cook Time: 60 mins
Ingredients (Makes approximately 20 large crackers)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 garlic clove (to taste), finely grated
- 1 tsp grated sweet onion or 1 tbsp powdered onion ( I much prefer the fresh sweet onion)
If you need or want to leave out one of the types of seeds then just lessen your water in the recipe by a 1/4 of a cup or so; it’ll work out fine.
1. Preheat the oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix up all the seeds. In a separate small bowl, mix the grated onion, grated garlic, and water. Whisk well and pour the mixture onto the seeds and stir until combined well. (Optional) Season with the salt, Herbamare and Kelp granules.
3. Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Be sure to use the spoon back or spatula to smooth it out to about 1/4″ thickness.
4. Bake at 325F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, score/slice the crackers, flip onto other side carefully. (Or as soon as its out of the oven cut it in half and flip then score; just be careful; when flipping) Bake for another 20 minutes, then watch closely and continue to bake another 01 minutes if needed. You’ll know they are done when the bottoms are lightly golden in colour.
5. Remove from oven and cool on the same baking sheet before storing in a baggy or airtight container.
Enjoy and stay tuned for the amazing and simple hummus recipe!