This is one of those open the fridge, pull things out and hope for the best. And if I do say so myself this was seriously tasty!
Although I would’ve like a few more ingredients such as maybe some peas and tomatoes, I figured what I had was a good jump off point.
- 2 Onions
- 3 carrots
- 1 box baby spinach
- Veggie Chicken substitute (obviously you can use regular chicken)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVO) or butter
- 4 cups No Yolk Noodles
1. Chop/cube carrots and cook for 10 minutes.
4. In another frying pan saute the onions in the EVO (or butter) and once they begin to soften add the Veggie Chicken. If you are using regular chicken I would start cooking it first and add the onions to saute 15 minutes before you feel the chicken would be done. Or you can cook them separately but I as a rule like the cooking flavors to mesh.
5. Add all the spices at the same time as the veggie chicken, cover and cook on med heat. Be sure to mix up periodically as to prevent sticking. With using a lid the dish will cook in the minimal butter/oil used as we’ll as its own juices.
7. Once all ingredients are cooked place in the bowl with the carrots, mix well and serve.